Friday, January 22, 2016

I missed the Prom !!!!

So I missed the SCMM this year. I wrote earlier, life has been busy and so with no training, the decision to call off the annual pilgrimage to Mumbai seemed sensible. It was heartening to see many of my friends get their PBs or run a strong race coming back from layoffs due to injuries. The FB posts started coming in as soon as the race got over with updates on how the race went and were soon followed by post on the celebrations – which have now become a ritual and performed religiously. And they kept flowing in and continue to flow in even after a week. So much so that I felt like a high schooler who had missed the Prom party and had to make do with picking up the juicy details and all the fun stuff in the school corridors. I have missed races before – not turning up after registering and sometimes even after picking up the bibs but never missed a race so much.

Ofcourse, no training has had its benefits
- The toe nails are all back with full growth and despite two permanently blackened toe-nails, the feet look nice.
- Can go without washing my hair for 3 days and it’s a blessing in the winters
- Sleeping in till late has been fun
- I am an obsessive run logger so no run logs to be uploaded / updated
- Kids have been happy to see me home on weekend mornings when they wake up
- Laundry piles have gone down :)

But heck I miss my runs !!



Those SCMM FB posts reminded me how much I have missed the runs and the accompanied running banter with the group. And so with the Saturday off this week, I have made a plan to do back-to-back HMs on the weekend. We will see how it goes – at this moment I just want to be able to get out on the road for a run. There is no pace or time target but just to run at an easy fun pace. I just hope the body co-operates and if it doesn’t then the mind will have to take over. 

And ..... I just hope I remember to charge my Garmin !!!!!

See you on the other side of the weekend with my report on how the runs went.

No comments:

Post a Comment